The upbeat flickering of the millions of blips and clicks in the thousands of IT companies of Bengaluru is the first thing one notices about this hub of IT. We visited Bangaluru campus of IT giant Infosys on 27th Dec 2012. Everyone was highly motivated at the end of small talk cum presentation given by Mr. Batni who evolved journey of Infosys through a video. Mr. Batni joined Infosys in 1992 and is Head of Delivery Excellence and Director of Infosys now. Some of the key points in Mr. Batnis words-
- Infosys had very clearly articulated vision that we want to create history and take India on international map in IT business.
- We learnt to differentiate between inconvenience and problem. We lived with inconvenience and focused on solving problems!
- Excellence in everything, we do nothing short!
- One day 7 founders of Infosys were thinking where our company should be in the future and after 4 hours of long discussion they have decided to earn respect of people (employees, shareholders, customers and society)
- None of us look at share price, we just do what we have decided to do!
- Challenge in India is not to develop product, it is to find the suitable market to sell that product!
This time Yatra team came up with a new concept- Sand Ceremony! We are collecting soil from all the places we visit and it will be put into a glass jar at Jagriti Office with beautiful multiple layers of soil. As a part of a team me and Rafi is doing this and Panel Discussion work. I never knew as a civil engineer one day somebody will ask me to collect soil from all over India! 😛